Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, once a term. The social evening is normally held early in the term, so that au pairs can meet fellow students from the other classes.
- The next social evening is in the Spring term 2020.
The prepayment payment is required to secure your place for the next term’s lessons and is non-refundable.
- No, It is a personal decision.
- Yes, Homework is set after every class and it will be for at least an extra hour a day.
- Written homework is usually at the weekends.
- The homework is required to be completed.
- The language Web classrooms are located in the buildings of St Mary and St John the Divine church. We use the Balcony room and the Music room.
- The address is St. Mary and St. John the Divine, Balham High Road, London SW12 9BS.
- The classrooms are in Balham, 1 minute from the tube station.
- You can meet Hazel at the church location but by appointment ONLY.
- Please email Hazel: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment
- You must be registered to attend a lesson.
- Discuss this with Hazel. You can still join the class, if there is availability.
- Yes, at the end of each term an optional internal exam is set and then a certificate of attendance is provided.
- Yes, all our teachers are qualified to teach English as a foreign language to adults and hold at least a CELTA qualification and a university degree.
- Yes, there is always a one-week half-term break in conjunction with most of the local schools.
- If your children have a 2 week half-term then the teacher will send you notes and set you homework.
- Usually a WhatsApp group will be setup for the teacher and au pairs in the class.
- There is a periodic Newsletter sent out during the term to keep you UpToDate with events.
- Ask your teacher in the first instance.
- If the teacher is unable to help or you are not happy with the answer please email Hazel or speak to Hazel directly as soon as possible.
- The language Web has a wide range of mainly European au pairs but also occasionally au pairs from South America.
- In 2018/2019 we have had au pairs from Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, The Czech Republic, Poland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portugal, Hungary, Greece and Argentina.
- No, refunds are not available if you have to miss a class; for example due to personal circumstances or illness.
- Yes, most classes move to the next level at the beginning of the following term or when the level as a class is adequate.
- A request to move levels mid-term will be at the discretion of Hazel and your teacher.
- Yes, we will help you register for the Cambridge, which are held at exam centres all over London.
- By email: email@example.com
- The teachers will also give you their own language Web email address.
- The code changes on the 1st of every Month and the teacher will tell you what the code is.
- Please email the teacher or firstname.lastname@example.org to let the teacher know as soon as possible.
- By Cash
- By Bank transfer:
Sort code: 09-01-29
Account No: 0551308
SWIFT BIC: ABBYGB2LXXX
- By cheque drawn on an UK bank – payable to “Hazel Clarke”
- Money Transfer: Using Transferwise (see below)
- The deposit of £30 is payable and is required to secure your place.
- The term fee and registration (if applicable) are payable by the first lesson of the term.
- The book fee is payable by the first lesson of the term.
- Yes, The language Web has combined liability insurance with James Hallam Limited.
- We only use your data to contact you regarding matters concerning The language Web.
- We store your name, email address, phone number and host family details.
- We do not share your data with any 3rd party organisations.
- Each school has its own way of testing and The language Web uses a selected level test to ensure the au pair groups are well matched.
- Please get in contact to discuss your requirements.
- Yes, the course book will be provided at the beginning of the term.
- The cost is £25 or £30 and will be included on your offer letter.
- No, this is due to insurance reasons.
- There are a maximum of 12 au pairs in each class. There are normally 10 au pairs in a class, however sometimes an au pair joins late or leaves early during the term, so there may be 12 for some weeks.
No, all fees are due before the first lesson of the term.
The course fee is for the au pair General English lessons and is £360 for 36 hours for a 12 week term.
The registration fee is only paid once (per au pair) and covers the administration of your enrollment at The language Web.
No, the deposit is non-refundable.